Monday, July 1, 2013

Weight Loss and EXERCISE!


I saw a funny quote the other day: "Every day I say the very bad word EXERCISE.... I wash my mouth out with chocolate!" Oh and do I like chocolate! Exercise is not one of my loves... oeeeee it is a hard one for me. I could easily live without doing any ;D

Some people can loose massive amounts of weight without doing any exercise. Then I read about people on diets that say they just can not loose weight without working exercise into their schedule, the weight comes off easier.

Last summer I was on a weight loss journey..... I was hoping to loose some weight. I wasn't eating Low Carb and really struggle to loose weight. Five times a week I would walk about four kilometers at a time. Some of the walking included walking up a long steep hill. The weighing scale was stuck!  I really couldn't see any change in my body either. It was very discouraging to say the least.

I'm a typical woman nothing like a pair of new shoes to get me moving again ;) To give you an idea of my interest in exercise:  I had a pair of trainers/sport shoes for ten years now! The story gets better: "For mother's day this year I got a new pair of very hype PURPLE sport shoes!"  The last few weeks at least 5 days a week I have been getting up in the morning early to go for a walk/run with 1kg weights in each hand. In a street close to our home where every hundred meters there is a trash dumpster. I run to the first dumpster, sprint to the next and then walk to the next one exercising my arms and then go on like this for half an hour. It is pure will power and does not come easy for me. Some mornings I just do not feel like it....... but the pure joy of the vision that can be make it worth it.

Amazingly I have seen flab on my stomach, arms and legs disappear and more definition with muscles coming through. Even my husband comments on how good my legs look :D

I have been reading more on Interval Training. It seems to be the new hype. It is made up of short bursts of intense exercise like sprinting and then lunges, star jumps, sit ups, squats etc. with short breaks inbetween. I'm not yet doing the interval exercises much but I'm hoping to work more lunges, star jumps etc. into my morning routine.

There is always a plus point by adding exercise. It reffs up the metabolism, strengthens the heart, burns fat, builds muscles which in turn burns more fat, works down build up stress, clears the mind and brings a feeling of accomplishment.  The hardest part is to get going.....

I saw a cute but true quote: "You could loose weight and look very good with your clothes on, or you could exercise while loosing weight and look great naked!"




No comments:

Post a Comment