Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The FEAR of LOOSING NOT!


I used to be a very skinny child and teenager and  weighed the perfect dream weight at my wedding....At least I have the photos to prove it as I picked up so much weight the last 18 years of married life. Within the first year of our marriage I all ready picked up a few kilograms. Then within 17 years I picked up a whopping 24 kilograms within having our 3 children......

I have often wondered and asked myself how did I get here? How on earth did I picked up 24 kilograms in 17 years? Who knows.. I probably will never have full answers to these questions.

Another valid question within this topic is: Did I not try within this 17 years to loose weight? Yes, I did try but not with much results. I think I just let it go as the results was so little and the effort was overwhelming. Also just being confused on how to loose weight.

Why is this time around then different?

I think I have come to a point in my life where the cost of being 24kg overweight were just to high to live with... the women and reflection in the mirror is not who I want to be.... I also believe God didn't create my body to be overweight. His dream for me is to be healthy in every way.

I want to be a healthy women, mother and wife. Too much energy daily went into inner conversations and reasoning why I was not that overweight or what could be done about the situation..... or just plain feeling ugly and FAT!

I think I was afraid of failure... The best step forward I knew was to take the bull by the horns, face my fears up front and be accountable in my weight loss journey.  Wooohooooo! That is a biggy! Loosing weight with the whole world watching! I normally shy away from the spotlight. But loosing weight while being under the spotlight: "That is nerve wrecking!" :)

As nerve wrecking as it is I know it is the only way I can keep myself accountable. It helps me to keep chopping... bearing forward knowing that giving up is not an option. Along the road many people, friends, family and strangers have gathered to cheer me on and throw flowers of encouragement...

Thank you for being with me and encouraging me on this journey. I hope through my journey and hope not to give up you will be inspired to keep up your dream and not give in.

The book by Lysa Terkeurst - Made to Crave

was a wonderful encouragement to me on my journey. Knowing that He is for me, with me, alongside me encouraging me along.



No comments:

Post a Comment