Sunday, June 23, 2013

SO WHAT DO I EAT?

WHAT SHOULD I BE EATING ON A LOW CARB DIET?
I have never been good at math so counting the carbs is not my thing :D I do it roughly and try not to eat more than 20 net carbs a day. If I can keep my carbs under 20 net carbs a day I keep loosing weight. As soon as I go higher than this my weight goes up.

Let me rather say what I do not eat......I do not eat anything with sugar like cake, cookies etc., bread, rice, beans, potatoes etc. All the obvious carbs. I try not to eat more than half a cup of tomato, carrots and red peppers a day. These are vegetables but they have allot of carbs.

I try to keep my diet very simple. I eat allot of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, eggplant, cucumber, celery and lots of salad greens. No fruit, sad but true the sugar is to high.

I drink cream in my coffee! My biggest treat!

I eat mostly chicken, tuna and cheese and add it to a big plate of salad or vegetables.  Sometimes our family eat ground beef and then I will enjoy some of it in my salads etc.

My staple is eggs and I eat it every morning for breakfast with cucumber and tomato.

I have a sweet tooth for CHOCOLATE. I buy the 80 percent dark but eat only 2 cubes a day. BUT with coconut oil I make my own chocolate.

As the blog progress I will share more on my daily food intake and recipes.

____________________________________________________________

1 comment: