Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hitting a Weight Loss PLATO - FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The biggest discouragement in weight loss is when you do all you can to loose weight and then the SCALE WOULD NOT BUDGE a bit! It is when it takes all your energy to reason with yourself to keep going and what could be done about it. Off course I can not expect to loose 300g every day for months! But it would be nice ;) I suppose it falls into the same category as an athlete running a marathon. Having to be head strong and taking it step by step and moment by moment.

WHAT NOT TO DO!!!!!

-Go into a pity party and grab everything you can find and eat that.

-Beat yourself with a stick mentally and become discouraged.

-Get of the Low Carb bus and decide it is not working.


WHAT CAN BE DONE?????

-Look back at how far you have come......

-BE REALISTIC:  The 20kg gained didn't happen overnight but it gathered over years. It will take time to loose.

-Normally I would start to exercise or try to walk more. The worst  in a plato is that I just do not want to do it because the results are so little or nothing.  To get up drag myself out the door, SMILE and go for it!

-Drink more water! To pour my 2L jug and make sure I drink it through the day.

-Looking at my daily food:

 Asking myself is there an intruder in the form of CARBS that have sneaked in slowly?

Have I been eating too little or too much? I have realized there is a thin line to eat too much or too little. If I eat too little my body goes into starvation stall and then I don't loose.

-I go reading on blogs and the internet on advice for weight loss and stalling.

-I look at the "time" of month (if you know what I mean) Normally then my weight goes up a bit for a few days. 

-I make a pot of LOW CARB CHICKEN SOUP and eat that for lunch and supper for a few days. That normally gets me going again.

RECIPE: 

2 chicken fillets cut into bits
3 liter water
2 chicken stock cubes
2 cups chopped spinach
2 cups sliced baby marrows
1 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
black pepper to taste

Boil for 2 hours on low.
Eat when you are hungry for lunch and supper.
Drinks lots of water in between.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a few LINKS TO WEBSITES with great advice on what to do during a weight loss plato:


http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips008.html


http://www.marksdailyapple.com/weight-loss-plateau/#axzz2XyYArVfY


THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:     D O N O T G I V E U P!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment