Sunday, June 23, 2013

BUN IN A MUG -


BUN IN A MUG!

This recipe has really added to my life. It makes me feel that I am eating bread. I am not an extreme bread lover but sometimes I feel like something I can pile my tuna salad, egg salad or cold meats etc. on. Flax seed meal is not the greatest tasting but it works.

2T ground flax seed meal
2T ground almond meal
1T coconut oil, olive oil or even mayonnaise
pinch of salt
1/2t baking powder
1 egg

I mix it in a large coffee mug until well blended and put in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
Drop the bun out and slice it in circles. Sometimes I want something thinner and slice it in three and sometimes for something more handy I slice it in two.

The whole bun only has 3 net carbs.

----------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Where do you buy the flax seed and almond meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flaxseed I buy at our local grocery store and they grind it for me too. It consists where you live? Almonds I just buy a packet and grind them in my kitchen aid or coffee grinder. You would buy flaxseeds and just grind them in the coffee grinder too. I hope you get to find them where you live.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karin

    I made the "Bun in the Mug" the first time today, because I couldn't find any flax seeds in Oman - Nico brought me some from SA now.
    I am hooked!! It is delicious!!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to try this bun! I really miss my bread and this will definitely help! Thanks Karin

    ReplyDelete